MSNV has developed a rich Montessori curriculum that includes Practical Life, Sensorial Training, Mathematics, Language, Cultural Studies, Social Sciences, Physical and Natural Science, Arts and Crafts, Physical Education, Foreign Languages, Music and Technology. (Curriculum Details)
|Hillbrook Campus Hours:||Valleybrook Campus Hours:|
|Primary half- 9:00-12:30||Preprimary- 8:45-12:10|
|Primary full- 9:00-3:20||Primary half- 8:45-12:15|
|Elementary- 8:30-3:30||Primary full- 8:45-3:05|
MSNV serves children ages 2 through 12 in the following classes:
- Preprimary: This program recognizes and nurtures the unique stages of development in the 2 to 3-year-old child. (Preprimary Details)
- Primary: This program provides a secure environment for the 3 to 6-year-old child to adapt to new social interactions with other children and adults. (Primary Details)
- Elementary: In this program, the 6 to 12 year-old child continues to develop her/his potential, learn more about the world and acquire new skills (Elementary Details)
- Language: MSNV recognizes the importance of introducing foreign language early in a child’s development. MSNV students enjoy weekly Spanish lessons as well as informal exposure to native languages from teachers and visiting family members.
- Art: Creative development is integral to all MSNV programs. For Preprimary and Primary, the practice of art is incorporated throughout the Montessori classroom to enhance fine motor development, allow for self-expression and complement learning of other subject areas. For Elementary, art lessons at MSNV focus on integrating aesthetics, studio art, art history and art criticism. Students experiment with a variety of media and techniques, think creatively and practice problem solving.
- Movement and physical education: Movement is an essential component of the MSNV curriculum. It is also an intrinsic part of the children’s day, as they are free to move about our spacious and open classrooms. Elementary children enjoy a separate class time for physical education. They also celebrate their strength, endurance, coordination and good sportsmanship at an end-of-year Field Day event
- Music: At MSNV, musical creativity is fostered as children embrace a diverse repertoire of multicultural music and folk dances. Elementary children develop their singing and instrumental playing technique on ukuleles, wooden and metal xylophones, and glockenspiels. (Music Details)
LEARNING SUPPORT SERVICES
At MSNV we believe strongly in meeting the individual needs of every child. Unique to MSNV, we offer a Learning Support Services team with a Learning Specialist and Resource Teacher. We work together to provide support for students, teachers and parents in a variety of ways. (Learning Support Services Details)
Any child who is enrolled at MSNV is eligible to apply for space in the Extended Day Program. View Extended Day Details
MSNV offers camp during the summer months . View more information on our summer programs.