In carrying out the mission of MSNV, our efforts directly benefit the development of the child’s mind, body, and spirit. Families build a community spirit by sharing the work. planning and governance of MSNV through our cooperative organization. Guided by these operating principles, we:
MSNV Operating Principles
- Create an atmosphere of acceptance, understanding and mutual respect.
- Recognize the unique learning styles of each child and choose instructional approaches compatible with individual needs.
- Create an environment in which children are encouraged to develop positive feelings about themselves and others, and approach learning in a non-competitive way.
- Nurture the child’s love of learning.
- Embrace the fundamental principles of Montessori. MSNV’s curriculum includes complementary materials and techniques as well as music, the arts, foreign language and community resources.
- Foster natural independence, creativity, self-direction and personal responsibility, and allow exploration sparked by intellectual curiosity.
- Encourage children to develop an understanding of the interrelatedness of mankind and to care about other people and our Planet Earth.
- Attract and retain professional educators devoted to carrying out the mission of MSNV.
- Maintain a safe, carefully planned physical environment that is peaceful, pleasant, child-centered and attractive.
- Look to the future and make decisions and plans with a long-range view.
- Seek actively and welcome families of all cultures, religions, races, and ethnic groups, and encourage the sharing of customs, heritage and perspectives.
- Build positive relationships with the surrounding communities through active participation, education and support.
- Provide quality education, capable management and responsible service to parents and children.
And such is our duty toward the child — to give a ray of light and to go on our way.
- Maria Montessori