6820 Pacific Lane
Annandale, VA 22003
3433 Rose Lane
Falls Church, VA 22042
Join MSNV as we celebrate 50 years in Montessori education!
Campus Director and Associate Head of School for Valleybrook campus located in Falls Church, beginning July 1, 2013. Campus has 80 students, 3 EC classrooms and one 2-year-old classroom. The Campus Director oversees all aspects of the daily operations, communications, scheduling, regulatory compliance, staff supervision and evaluation, and EC curriculum. As Associate Head of School, the Campus Director works closely with the Head on operational and management decisions, strategic planning, budget decisions, staff professional development, and program development.
Master's degree in school administration or related field preferred, at least five years of teaching experience, additional administrative experience, strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education, health and dental insurance, personal and vacation leave, employer matching retirement benefit, disability insurance, flexible compensation plan, generous professional development allowance, qualified educational assistance program.
The Campus Director/Associate Head is supported by our administrative staff which includes a full time business manager and facilities manager, an office manager and admissions director at each campus, and a development director.
Send resume and statement of interest and qualifications by email to Betsy Mitchell, Head of School.
Extended Day /Afterschool Program Leader for 2013-2014 school year
1) Must be 18 years of age and High School diploma or equivalent
2) Must hold one of the following:
· BA in child-related field (i.e. education, psych, sociology, nursing, recreation)
· 1 yr Early Childhood certificate
· Child Development credential
· Montessori certificate
· 48 semester hours, of which 12 hours are in child-related subjects AND 1 year of experience.
The Montessori School of Northern Virginia is hiring an Afterschool Program Leader/Teacher for children ages 2-6 in a Montessori setting from 3-6pm Monday - Friday. Additionally, in the event of a teacher absence can would substitute from 8:30-3. MSNV has 22 classroom teachers, so substitute hours occur often.
The Afterschool Program Leader is responsible for planning and conducting appropriate daily activities that maintain the established extended day program and environment and for direct supervision of children. The following are expectations:
- Capable of using materials, activities and experiences to encourage children's growth and development.
- Able to manage a group of children successfully and effectively.
- Knowledge of child development necessary to oversee activities which promote the physical, social, emotional, creative and intellectual growth of the children.
- Knowledge of budgetary, inventory, and other record keeping procedures sufficient to effectively plan and implement an extended day program.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with other elements of the MSNV community (office and classroom staff; parents). Ensure appropriate responsiveness to child/parent needs. Ensure that pertinent and accurate information regarding the child’s day is communicated to parents.
- Supervise the children's day to day activities including:
- Assisting children with self-care activities and good hygiene, including hand washing before eating and after toileting.
- Assisting individual children who experience difficulty in the group or who temporarily lose their physical or emotional control.
- Ensuring that children are not left unattended at any time.
- Providing nutritional breakfasts or snacks.
PE teacher: Part time PE teacher needed for academic year 2013-14. Experience with school-age (K-6) groups. Must have familiarity with typical standards of learning for PE. Experience can be in recreational or camp setting. Good classroom management skills are required. Our approach is skill based, cooperative activities, rather than competitive sports. PE takes place at Audrey Moore Recreation Center and ability to drive a 14 passenger bus is required. Training is provided.
We offer competitive salaries comparable with Fairfax County Public Schools. Substantial benefits include health, dental, 4% retirement matching, 20% tuition remission, educational reimbursement program, personal and sick leave, short & long term disability, flexible compensation plan, credit union membership, AMS membership, and robust professional development support.