Extended Day Aide
Be part of a dynamic team of five Extended Day teachers! We are seeking a part-time, experienced, mature and joyful adult to join our team for the academic year beginning September 2015. The Program Leader is responsible for planning and conducting daily activities that engage children from ages 2-6, while maintaining a safe and clean environment. You will have direct supervision of children.
- dependable child care professional willing and able to work 3:00-6:00 PM, Monday-Friday, PLUS additional days and evenings where child care is required
- able to physically assist children in the classroom and on the playground, which includes occasional lifting • able to sit with children on the floor
- ensure nutritious daily snacks are served and cleaned up, and that the Snack Diary is maintained
- ensure that pertinent and accurate information regarding the child’s day is communicated to parents
- must be at least 16 years of age
- have at least a high school diploma
- display excellent organizational ability, initiative, and independent judgment, and possess effective communication skills
- knowledge of child development necessary to oversee activities which promote the physical, social, emotional, creative and intellectual growth of children, consistent with Montessori practices
- certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Age-appropriate experience preferred
Please send resume and letter of interest to
Who We Are
The Montessori School of Northern Virginia is in its 53rd year of operation. We are a non-profit two-campus school offering Montessori education to ages two through twelve. Both campuses are located a few miles apart in quiet, residential areas inside the Capital Beltway.
A satisfying, supportive work environment staffed by interesting, kind, knowledgeable, highly-engaged people.
We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and education, health and dental insurance, personal leave, employer matching retirement benefit, disability insurance, flexible compensation plan, and generous professional development allowance including a qualified educational assistance program. Not all benefits apply to all positions.